Friday, June 25, 2010

I have just invented a new genre of music...

It's called nerdgrass. Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.

It started off simply enough. I was playing my acoustic guitar, and I "accidentally" wrote a song about Chewbacca. When I realized that I was playing in G, I had an idea. "You know what goes great in G?" I asked myself. That's right, a banjo.

So, nerdgrass was born.

Ideas were coming to me left and right. A song about Captain Jean-Luc Picard with a sweet mandolin solo! A 3/4 song about Drizzt and Guenhwyvar (I had to get a book to see how to spell that). Of course, there would be the obligatory minor song (Em, of course), probably about Boba Fett or Sauron.

I thought I was brilliant, until I realized that there probably aren't a lot of hillbilly nerds out there. There's probably not a lot of Deliverance kids with access to iTunes.

I think I need to record this stuff, if for no other reason than personal amusement.

Author's Note:
According to my spellcheck, Chewbacca is misspelled, but Drizzt is not. Strange.

1 comment: