Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I know that there are some people out there that think Father's Day is a bogus holiday. In many ways, I agree with you. There are many "fathers" out there that don't deserve a special day. Just because you had sex and now have to mail a check every month doesn't make you a father.

I think that Father's Day should be renamed in honor of the people that it's actually for. We should really start calling it "I Lived With A Pregnant Woman For Nine Months And Lived To Tell About It Day." I can honestly say that so far, that was the hardest part about being a dad. Granted, my son is only two and the worst is yet to come. I still think living with a pregnant woman will still make the top five hardest things when it's all said and done.

I am in no way trying to say that sharing a house with a pregnant woman is harder than being pregnant. It's not, and I know that. However, I am a male, and can never be pregnant. There is no way that I can ever understand the pain and suffering that my amazing girlfriend went through. I know there are other guys like me who, at some point during the pregnancy, looked at your partner and said, "If I could have the baby, I would." We are all a bunch of liars. None of us would ever voluntarily push something the size of a cantaloupe out of any orifice.

I would like to use this Father's Day to say thank you to all the moms in the world. None of us would be dads if it weren't for you. Most of all, thank you Tara. I love you and I wouldn't be a father without you...at least not nearly as good of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment